We are happy to announce that the Marketplace, an all-new dining experience, will be opening in June of 2018. We mentioned it earlier in the year at our “What’s new at AAQ” event in February, but its finally starting to take shape. If you have been here in the past few weeks, you may have noticed the construction walls go up – things are happening. This $2,000,000 project will effectively change the entire culinary landscape of Adventure Aquarium and we are excited to share it with all of you.
The all-new eco-friendly dining experience will feature an open concept kitchen with a sleek and modern design accompanied by warm, rustic touches.
In an effort to ease congestion and provide a more immersive, personalized food experience, the entire area will be divided into different stations:
- Made-to-Order Grill – Serving hot off the grill, juicy burgers, crispy chicken sandwiches, Baja Grilled Fish Tacos and other seasonal delights
- Deli Station – Featuring artfully-crafted wraps, sandwiches and salads
- Pizza and Hot Sandwich Station – Featuring artisan pizzas, including a featured chef’s specialty pie, and paninis
We know what you’re thinking, “This is great but tell us more about the food!”. The fresh-to-order, seasonal menu will feature authentic, local cuisine and hand-crafted food with an eco-conscious mindset. Some of the tantalizing highlights to the menu include:
- Dave’s Crispy Chicken Sandwich – Crispy chicken with a Sriracha mayo spread, pickles and slaw on a toasted roll
- Personal Artisan Pizzas – Margherita, Buffalo Chicken and Pepperoni with a monthly featured pie
- Fresh, Featured Salad, Sandwich as well as made-to-order options
- Baja Grilled Fish Tacos – Chili-lime Seafood Watch-approved grilled fish over a bed of crispy cabbage topped with pico de gallo and lime crema
There is a lot more to tell you about the Marketplace but we can’t do it all in one blog post. Stay tuned for updates about our sustainability practices, rotating restaurant stations like Taco Del Seoul and Olilo by Cat Cora, and coffee. Yup, that’s right – we have some news about coffee coming soon…
SIDE NOTE: If you’re visiting before the Marketplace opens this June, you might be wondering about food services during your visit. Not to worry! We’re still offering a variety of food and drink options in the meantime, including grab-and-go stations, our brand new hot and fresh Donut Cart, Dip ‘N’ Dots Cart and more! Please check our website prior to visiting for the latest updates and offerings.