Happy SPRING BREAK!
It’s finally here. Kids (and teachers!) have off from school for some much-needed family time. Thinking of spending some time visiting AAQ? Great idea. For starters, we have over 8,500 aquatic animals and hours of guaranteed family-fun. Want more? Here are just a few (well, actually 12) reasons you should visit us this Spring Break!
1. PIRANHA FALLS
Our newest exhibit is OPEN and ready for you to journey to Piranha Falls for a unique multi-sensory experience of life on the Amazon River. We virtually take you deep into the largest rainforest on Earth without leaving New Jersey (no passport required!). Watch our school of 120 glittering red-bellied piranha swim below two beautiful waterfalls – and prepare for the storm.
2. EARLY OPENS
Members enjoy the aquarium before the general public. Take advantage of early access weekdays during Spring Break! The aquarium will open at 9:30 a.m. for Members.
3. PENGUIN ENCOUNTERS
There’s even more chances to make friends with an African penguin! Now through April 23, meet a penguin up close and watch a LIVE penguin footprint painting session. PLUS, take home a penguin footprint masterpiece. Members receive 10% off – reserve your spot today!
4. MORE SHOWS AND FEEDS
We have a jam-packed schedule for YOU throughout Spring Break! Have more opportunities to catch your favorite show or animal feed, including our Meet the Divers show (a fan + fish fave).
5. 3D MOVIE
An Aquarium AND a 3D movie? YES. During Spring Break, join the Octonauts as they travel deep down the Amazon River in search of a lost city and Kawzii’s long lost grandfather, Calico Jack. Free with admission!
There’s a new sea turtle resident in Ocean Realm: Our rehab and release loggerhead sea turtle, Ozzy! He made his debut in our largest exhibit and is excited for visitors. Come say hello to Ozzy during Spring Break!
Stop by Little Blue Beach, where it’s always sunny and blue, to visit our first-ever little blue chick, Elanora, and little blue additions, Maremma and Kororaa.
8. AFRICAN PENGUIN CHICKS
You may have heard about our Fab Four African penguin chicks that hatched last December. They’re now on exhibit at Penguin Island! Come see our new juveniles: Amani, Suzie, Shida and Mazie as well as the entire thriving penguin colony!
Darwin, our rehab and release sea turtle, is growing up fast! He’s been eating well and doing great with his enrichment sessions. Come see him in Sea Turtle Cove!
No one does sharks better! Marvel at the largest collection of sharks on the East Coast in a variety of ways during Spring Break:
- Dare to Cross Shark Bridge – Walk just inches above our Shark Realm exhibit, home to dozens of sharks.
- Shark Tunnel – Surround yourself with sharks as you walk through our 40-foot glass tunnel.
- Shark & Ray Encounter – We’ve included even more Encounters during Spring Break. In addition to the weekends, on Fridays of Spring Break (April 14 and April 21) participate in our Shark & Ray Encounter at 10:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. Reserve your spot today – space is limited.
Our girls, Button and Genny, always enjoy a visit – especially during Spring Break when they get to meet and greet with tons of kiddos. Give a big hippo “hello” to our ladies! We’ve added extra feeds and enrichment sessions throughout Spring Break to keep Hippo Haven a hot spot all day-long. And don’t miss out on Hippo Bedtime at 4:45pm daily in Hippo Haven when you help tuck the girls in for the evening!
12. TOUCH EXHIBITS
Be adventurous this Spring Break and touch a shark, stingray, sea cucumber and more!
- Touch-A-Shark – Be fearless and touch one of our exotic sharks at Touch-A-Shark, presented by Humana.
- Stingray Beach Club – Come meet and touch several types of stingray species. You can even feed one during special, private stingray feeds throughout the day (check show guide for times).
- Gill’s Grotto – Get your hands on with more than a dozen warm-water invertebrates including a variety of colorful sea stars and other wonderful species, such as the scarlet cleaner shrimp, sea apples and more!
- Creature Feature – See and touch slick, slimy and all-around cool invertebrates, such as several species of exotic and colorful seastars, anemones and more.
#13. HAPPY KIDS AKA #SLEEPYSHARKS
BONUS! Ha, thought we could stop at 12? NO WAY! Imagine the car ride home from your AAQ outing with the kids zonked out from the crazy awesome day of fish, family and fun. Take your own #sleepyshark pic and tag #AdventureAquarium – we’d love to see your little ones after visiting us!
With all these reasons, what are you waiting for?? Plan your trip and score extra Mom and Dad points ASAP. Grab your tickets today. See you soon!