Ring in the New Year without waiting until midnight!
This New Year’s Eve, Adventure Aquarium will leave its doors open an extra hour – until 6:00 p.m.! So be sure to come by and celebrate the start of 2018 with your fishy friends at the aquarium, while still having time to get home before bed.
This year we’re excited to bring new programming to our New Year’s Eve Splash event, with New Year’s Eve Around the World!
Every hour, during our regularly scheduled animal feedings, we’ll select a country from all corners of the globe to talk about the special ways and traditions each region has for ringing in the new year. Check out the schedule, below!
- 10:00 a.m. – AUSTRALIA (Little Blue Feed)
- 11:00 a.m. – INDONESIA (Meet the Divers)
- 12:00 p.m. – ZIMBABWE (Hippo Feed with Watermelon Drop)
- 1:00 p.m. – BRAZIL (Piranha Falls Feed)
- 2:00 p.m. – EAST COAST (Shark Realm Talk)
- 3:00 p.m. – SOUTH AFRICA (African Penguin Feed)
- 4:00 p.m. – PHILIPPINES (Ocean Realm Broadcast Feed)
- 5:00 p.m. – BAHAMAS (Caribbean Currents Feed)
Throughout the day we’ll also have a DJ set up in the rotunda for an all-day dance party, with a special “Shell-ebration” dance party with Gill at 1:15 p.m. and 5:15 p.m., where we’ll celebrate the new year with lots of confetti!
We’ll also have a craft table open all day long, where you’ll be able to color your very own aquarium-themed new year’s sign, and take pictures at our photo station.
Busy during the day? Make sure you come visit us right before close for a breathtaking fireworks display over the Delaware River – from the best viewing spot on the Camden Waterfront! Fireworks will begin just before twilight, at approximately at 6:00 p.m.
We can’t wait to ring in the new year with you!